Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our crazy last few weeks

With basketball started, school, work and our callings it seems like we don't have time to take a breath. Here are a few highlights from the last few weeks


Chris and I went to a charity silent action event at La Caille it was a lot of fun the dinner was so-so actually I will be honest it was terrible but the appetizers before dinner were amazing they had this coconut shrimp that would knock your socks off. Chris and I can't wait to go back without so much commotion. The silent action was pretty cool one of our BYU signed basketballs went for $350.00 I won't mention that the football went for more :)

This is Chad Hymas one of my heros. He was pronounced a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the chest down with limited function of his arms and hands when he was in his twenties with 2 kids and a beautiful wife. He came and spoke to the basketball family it was a very intimate setting I got to sit right in front of him. I have never been so inspired THIS MAN PERSONIFIES CHRIST. He has the best outlook and attitude no challenge is to difficult or demanding even with the so called disability he has. Chad Hymas is a World Record wheelchair athlete and set a new world record by wheeling his chair from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas (513 miles) in July 2003. HELLO he pushed his chair IN JULY 513 miles with his family cheering him on every step of the way. He has written book and speaks to over 100 major companies around the world he has even been on Oprah. He doesn't have legs but stands taller than anyone I know besides Chris and not because he is tall. This man changed my life I am better because of WHO HE IS and WHAT MATTER MOST TO HIM.
"WHO NEEDS LEGS WHEN YOU HAVE WINGS."
become inspire and learn more about Chad
click here

2 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm always amazed from the attitude people have when something horrible has happened to them. My niece is paralyzed from the shoulders down when she was 17 and she has such an awesome attitude towards life, its incredible. she does so many things and nothing holds her back.
PS, i got your sister a silk screening machine from my company, they were looking for people with a big following on their blogs and i suggested Elizabeth. :0)

Kayla R. said...

OMG Inspiring!!!! thanks for sharing:) love you Ash