Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Call The Excitement


The branch President called us in his little office last week and extended church callings to us. It was perfect timing through tears we both couldn't have said ANO (yes) fast enough. Chris and I both were anxious to be put to work. Before we left for the Czech Republic in the summer Chris and I taught Sunday School to the 12 year olds we had about 8 in our class. It was hard to say goodbye we still keep in touch with a few of them.
So it was by no accident that God wanted us back in with the children because we reallly missed it so.
Chris and I will be teaching the 8-11 year olds AND I will also be the head Primary Chorister. Today was our first week in primary. Chris and I had smiles from ear to ear the whole time.
We love it there. So for about 20 minutes I will put together a program each week with new song and old songs with game and lessons. And than we will break off and for 40 minutes or so we will teach our class.
The theme for 2011 is I Know The Scriptures Are Ture. What a beautiful and powerful theme. I am a little nervous because the last time Chris and I were in primary was when we ourselves were in primary. I dont know very many of the songs. But we are thrilled we love kids and teaching them and learning from them is BY FAR our favorite.
ONE MORE WEEK TILL WE DEPART FOR UTAH!
when we flew to the C.R. Taimi was getting 2 of her front teeth in. It's only fitting that on our way back to visit she is getting 2 of her MOLARS in. Good timing baby doll. It definitely makes for an interesting flight to say the least.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Yay! I'm so excited you two have a calling. I can only imagine how much of a blessing that must be and how much more attached to your ward that must make you feel! It's such a blessing to be able to serve, and so exciting you can teach the class you love again. We are truly excited for you guys.

Oh and the Christmas market from your previous post sounds so magical. I wish our town had something like that! Ash, we need to talk again, I miss you! I'll be watching for you on Skype.

Love you!

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Oh awesome! You guys will be so good at that. I've never tought primary except subbed for a day or 2. Kids are fun! Good luck! Can't wait to see you guys soon. Hopefully Tiami is good with her molars coming in! XOXO