Sunday, February 6, 2011

"...men are that they might have joy." (2Nephi2:25)

This is our topic for our sacrament talks on Sunday "men are that they MIGHT have joy."
This scripture comes from the Book of Mormon.
JOY
–noun
1.
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying;
keen pleasure;elation: She felt the joy of seeing her son's success.
2.
a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something orsomeone greatly valued
or appreciated: Her prose style is apure joy.
3.
the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4.
a state of happiness

I have been pondering for a whole week now about what this means and what the other members need to hear on the subject. It wasn't until I read my good friends blog, who is such a strength to all who know her and one of the greatest member missionaries EVER, until I realized that men MIGHT have joy and they MIGHT not it's totally their decision. Kiri my dearest friend who I mentioned above is also living in Europe while her Husband fulfills a dream and she had the most amazing experience (you can read it here) it's a perfect example of someone who chose the better part...to have joy especially in a most trying scary and difficult situation.
Joy is something to be found and cherished something that you work towards.
Joy is an emotion you choose and achieve
At times it will be hard and might seem impossible to find.
But I know through repentance, faith, obedience and hope
joy WILL BE right around the corner.
There is a Psalm I love [Ps. 30:5] "Joy cometh in the morning"
At times we have the roughest of nights but continue to TURST in God FOLLOW His plan BELIEVE He will take care of you RELY on Him
and joy with surely come in the morning I PROMISE YOU!!!

Thanks Kiri for sharing your story and for inspiring this post and my talk!
I can't wait to post about Paris and the fact that we also made it so DISNEYLAND in Paris...I know right? so cool.
But this is much much much more important and was on my mind.
If you are interesting in my religion please click here to learn more or just ask me.

MUCH LOVE AND FELICITY (thats going to be the name of our next girl) The Miles Family
.

No comments: