Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A little ventilation

17 weeks prego and I am still in that stage were I just look chubby in my midsection. I find myself trying to pop my stomach out more and rub it like it's some sort of bald head for good luck when I am in public.

I hate our apartment! All the other teams and countries we have played for have found us the most amazing clean and quiet places to live. But this place I just hate. It's pretty clean. We live across the street from an elementary school. But our flat faces the playground. OH JOY!! So we hear hundreds of kids screaming and laughing no to mention the bells. Oh and our neighbors smoke (cough cough) get me the fetch out of here.
Luckily they are looking for another place for us to move into with 3 bedrooms in stead of two and one where I won't have to worry about my fetus babies lungs and toddler.
I am being quit extreme the smoke isn't that bad but it does stink pretty bad in the hall wall from time to time.

The French take a hundred years to process any sort of paper work. We are still waiting for a bank debit card. And it's been nearly 5 weeks. Which makes me super anxious about our working visa's and getting health insurance. What takes so long? Oh wait could it be that the bank is only open like 3 days a week and those 3 days they take a 3 hour break in the day...good grief!

I have cried more this week than perhaps the last 16 years combined for mostly one reason PRESCHOOL! How do you Mother's do it?? Every time I drop Taimi off I cry my eyes out. And than off and on for the meager 3 hours she is there. Not the mention the last 30 minutes I spend spying over the brick wall on my tippy toes. The teacher caught me the other day, I wanted to crawl in a hole I was so embarrassed.
Seriously though Preschool is one of the hardest things I have had to do since becoming a Mother.
The thought that maybe, just maybe, someone might be mean to her, or that she might feel forgotten, alone, scared, unwanted, sad, hungry or even just thirsty makes me want to throw up curl in a ball and cry. I know I need to get a grip. I can't protect her, her whole life. She is a strong girl who makes friends easily and is totally and completely awesome. But still it's darn tootin hard. I don't know how I am going to do 6 years of elementary, 2 years of Jr. hell, and 4 years of high school with more than one kid. Sheesh seriously how do you Mom's do it??

I can pretty much drive anywhere in our city now without the GPS which is a huge accomplishment. It's a pretty big coastal city with a ton of hills. Hill + manual stick shift = minor ulcers and partial heart attacks for me. But I am proud to say I have been doing excellent. No accidental rolling backwards into the car behind us and I haven't stalled once. Chris on the other hand...well....lets just say I might be better at it then he :)

Tomorrow Chris just has musculation (lifting) at noon and the rest of the day is ours for the taking. There are so many places to go and see. Oh and Taimi doesn't go to school on Wednesdays so no red swollen eyes for me...happy day!

No comments: